STETSON, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - Investigators from the State Fire Marshal's office will head to the scene of a weekend fire in the town of Stetson Monday.
Crews were called to a home on Lapoint Road around 9:45 PM Saturday.
Stetson fire chief Kim Tracy says a fire had broken out in the second floor of a home.
The homeowners were asleep at the time, but the smoke alarm alerted them in time to get safely out of the home.
They did lose two pets.
A woman who lived at the home was hurt after falling and hitting her head. She was taken to a nearby hospital and is expected to recover.
Two firefighters were treated at the scene for exhaustion but they were able to be put back in service later in the evening.
Chief Tracy says the fact that skylights were open in the building helped firefighters.
He says the open windows acted as vents, allowing the fire to build vertically rather than spread horizontally.
Crews had the blaze knocked down in about an hour.
Tracy says the family should be able to rebuild.
While the Fire Marshal's Office will look for a cause, Tracy says nothing about the fire seems superficially suspicious.