BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER)-- A home caught fire today in Bangor just after 10 AM Wednesday.
The fire happened at a single family home at 265 Kenduskeag Avenue. The owners were home, and called the Bangor Fire Department when they noticed flames coming from the garage attached to their house.
Assistant Fire Chief Rick Cheverie said crews got the flames under control quickly, and believes damage to the primary living space is minimal, but fighter fighters won't be able to tell immediately.
"There were some that went into the house and I, like I said, I have not had the opportunity to get in yet," he said. "But our crews did an outstanding job. They knocked the fire down quick. And I believe the damage to the primary living quarters, other than the apartment over the fire room, is going to be minimal."
No one was injured in the fire.