WELLS, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The State Fire Marshal's office is looking into what sparked a fire at a Wells home that left one person injured Friday night.
Wells Deputy Fire Chief Shannon Bridges said firefighters were called to a home at 1422 Post Rd. around 11:20 p.m. Friday.
One person was home at the time of the fire, and Bridges said he was taken to Maine Medical Center to be treated for burn injuries and smoke inhalation. His identity hasn't been released, and the extent of his injuries wasn't known Saturday morning.
Deputy Chief Bridges said the fire took about an hour to get under control, and the home sustained heavy damage and is considered a total loss.
The fire is believed to have started in the kitchen, and the State Fire Marshal's office is continuing the investigation.
Crews from Berwick, North Berwick, Ogunquit, Kennebunk, and Sanford assisted the Wells Fire Department on scene.
The fire went to three alarms, and Bridges said weather conditions and debris inside the home made the flames difficult to get under control Friday night.