BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The search for a missing teen from Glenburn is over and a man has been charged in her death.
Nichole Cable was last seen the evening of Sunday, May 12th. Her mother said she left her home to meet up with someone she met on the internet.
Penobscot County Sheriff Glenn Ross announced in a news conference Tuesday that a body had been found Monday night that is believed to be Nichole Cable. Sheriff Ross said the case is now a homicide case that the State Police taking over.
The search for Nichole Cable lasted 8 days. Lt. Kevin Adam with the Maine Warden Service said that a volunteer search on Sunday, May 18th was the largest he had ever seen. Lt. Adam says wardens gave instructions to 500 people that day.
Adam says the body was found by a warden and his dog around 9:30 PM Monday.
Lt. Chris Coleman with the Maine State Police also took the podium in Tuesday's conference.
Lt. Coleman says that Kyle Dube, a 20 year-old-man from Orono, is now charged with intentional and knowing murder in the case. Police believe he acted alone.
Coleman says that Dube turned himself in on Friday, May 17th in an unrelated case.
State Police are not ready to go into detail about the arrest yet. Lt. Coleman says that more information will be released in the affidavit.
Dube is due in court on the murder charge Wednesday morning at 11:00 AM.