NEW LIMERICK, Maine (AP) - Maine State Police say a utility worker has died after apparently being electrocuted by exposed power lines in New Limerick.
Police say 44-year-old Mark Miles, an employee of Eastern Maine Electric, had been called to a power outage on Friday.
Authorities say he was found unresponsive near some exposed power lines at a private residence.
Police say Miles was taken by ambulance to the Houlton Regional Hospital. Police say it appeared that he had died from coming into contact with the power lines.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)