Fire Marshal: Propane caused Yarmouth explosion

6:33 PM, Jun 26, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

YARMOUTH, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The State Fire Marshal's office said Wednesday that propane caused the explosion that destroyed a condo on Gables Drive in Yarmouth.

Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland says investigators have collected appliances and piping from the building that exploded and will examine them to determine if there was a propane leak.

McCausland says the body of 66-year-old Peter Corey was found in the rubble of his condo after the explosion Tuesday morning.

Officials say some of the nearby condos were left uninhabitable, and three residents from the complex suffered minor injuries.


Most Watched Videos