Brunswick woman dies from burns

10:08 AM, Sep 10, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

BRUNSWICK, Maine (AP) - Officials say a Brunswick woman whose clothes caught on fire while cooking has died.

The Maine Fire Marshal's Office said Tuesday that 91-year-old Harriet Soulen suffered serious burns while using her kitchen stove last week. She died overnight at Maine Medical Center.

Officials say Soulen was wearing a life alert device that notified a neighbor who came to help her. Fire damage to the house was confined to the kitchen and an entry way.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Most Watched Videos