LIVE VIDEO: WLBZ NEWS CENTER 2 at Noon    Watch
 

Fan blamed in Maine fire that left 1 man dead

7:08 PM, Oct 6, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

MANCHESTER, Maine (AP) - Authorities believe a malfunctioned fan ignited curtains in a Manchester home, setting off a fire that killed a man living there.

Fire investigators say the body of 57-year-old Samuel Spinicci was found in a second-floor bedroom. The state Medical Examiner's Office says he died of smoke inhalation.

The blaze was reported at 6:16 a.m. Saturday.

Authorities say Spinicci lived there with his wife and children, who were not injured and not believed to have been in the house when the fire started.

The couple operated Kennebec Taxi, housed in a recreational vehicle parked next to the house. The fire did not damage the RV.

 

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Most Watched Videos