LIVE VIDEO: WLBZ NEWS CENTER 2 at 5    Watch
 

Thousands of acres, hundreds of tips but still no sign of missing teen

6:09 PM, Oct 13, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

CONWAY, New Hampshire (NEWS CENTER) - Law enforcement in New Hampshire have received hundreds of tips and combed over thousands of acres but still have not found a missing teenager.

15 year old Abigail  Hernandez was last seen leaving Kennett High School at 2:30 PM Wednesday. 

Searchers have been out looking for Abigail ever since.

In a news conference Sunday night, officials from local police, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the New Hampshire Department of Fish and Game updated media on the search so far.

Major Kevin Jordan from the DFG says that so far searchers have covered more than 4,000 acres (over 5 square miles). Major Jordan says that on Monday five teams of air scent dogs will join search efforts.

The FBI has received more than 200 tips on the case from New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and even as far away as Texas. The FBI asks that people continue to call 1-800-CALL-FBI with tips.

Searchers have no reason to suspect foul play in this case. "Basically, it's the lack of information that's caused this to continue as a missing person's case," explained FBI Agent Kieran Ramsey.

Law enforcement officials plan to give another update on Monday at 6:00 PM.

NEWS CENTER

Most Watched Videos