Mother pleads for missing teen to come home

4:49 PM, Nov 22, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

CONWAY, N.H. (AP) -- The mother of a 15-year-old North Conway girl who vanished last month on her way home from high school spoke at a news conference about her hopes for daughter's safe return.

"I believe you're out there somewhere, watching and listening to me right now," Zenya Hernandez said Friday afternoon in front of the Conway Police Department.

She went on to say, "I believe you are alive and that hope speaks louder than fear."

New Hampshire Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said investigators are still working the case and that it is important to keep Abby's picture in the media -- especially outside of the local area. 

Abigail Hernandez was last seen Wednesday, Oct. 9, after leaving Kennett High School. Police say she walked her normal route toward home and sent several texts between 2:30 and 3 p.m. Police say she never made it home.

If you have information about Abigail Hernandez, contact the FBI at 800-CALL-FBI (800-225-5324) or the Conway Police Department at 603-356-5717.

Most Watched Videos