Bangor business evacuated for smoke in the building

BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER)—Customers and employees were evacuated from T.J. Maxx late Thursday afternoon. According to Bangor Assistant Fire Chief  Darrell Cyr, a report of smoke in the building was the reason for the evacuation. Firefighters responded quickly and found a burnt and smoking motor belt on one of the air vent units on the roof. He said they disconnected the power to it and informed the staff. Cyr says everyone was let back in about 20 minutes.  

© 2017 WLBZ-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment