LEWISTON, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Seven people were arrested on Thursday, August 21 in connection with a drug bust on Howe Street in Lewiston.
On August 21, agents from the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency were assisted by the Lewiston Police Department in executing a search warrant on an apartment building.
The building has been part of a drug investigation for several months, and a frequent amount of drug trafficking has been reported taking place in the apartment.
Lewiston Police have also responded to at least three reported overdoses from heroin at this location in June alone.
The warrant produced 33 pre-packaged units of heroin intended for distribution, 21 bags of crack-cocaine pre-packaged for distribution, drug paraphernalia consistent with drug trafficking, an approximately $2,000 dollars in suspected drug proceeds.
The arrests made during the incident are as follows:
- 24-year-old Tyron Calhoun - Two counts of Unlawful Trafficking Scheduled Drugs (Class B) and one count of Trafficking Prison Contraband (Class C). Calhoun entered the jail with crack-cocaine hidden on his body
- 18-year-old Everton Jones - Unlawful Trafficking Schedule W Drugs (Class B)
- 23-year-old Keosha Pontoo - Unlawful Possession of Scheduled Drug (Class C), Violation of Conditions of Release, and an outstanding warrant
- 23-year-old Bryan Brennick - Unlawful Possession of a Scheduled W Drug (Class C)
- 35-year-old Joanne Barry - Unlawful Possession of a Scheduled Drug (Class D)
- 31-year-old Stephanie Webster - Probation Hold
- 24-year-old James Robertson - Three outstanding warrants
All suspects were transported to the Androscoggin County Jail.