GIFFORD'S CELEBRATES NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY ON 207
JC Gifford of Gifford's Ice Cream in Skowhegan has some delicious summer recipes just in time for National Ice Cream Day. Read below to view the recipes he shared with us for strawberry shortcake and ice cream cookie sandwiches.
For more information on Gifford's Ice Cream, click here: GIFFORD'S ICE CREAM
Summer Strawberry Shortcakes
(makes 12 shortcakes)
• 12 biscuits, warm from the oven, split
• 2 quarts of your favorite vanilla ice cream
• 2 pints fresh strawberries, washed and hulled, or strawberry topping
• Whipped cream topping
• Split each warm biscuit and place on plate or bowl
• Ladle strawberry topping or fresh strawberries over biscuits
• Add 4 ounce scoop of ice cream
• Top with additional topping or berries and whipped cream
Note: Take advantage of other fresh berries or fruits in season: Maine wild blueberries or peaches are also terrific!
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
(makes 16 fast-disappearing ice cream sandwiches)
• 32 warm chocolate chip cookies, quick bake or from your favorite recipe
• 2 quarts chocolate ice cream
• Scoop 4 ounces of ice cream onto one cookie and top with second cookie
• Makes 16 fast-disappearing sandwiches.
Note: Mix up the cookie and ice cream flavors for variety. Try oatmeal chocolate chip, peanut butter or sugar cookies with vanilla, butter pecan or peppermint ice cream.