LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Holden,Maine (NEWS CENTER)-- On the heels of what the state fire marshal's office is calling Maine's deadliest fire the state has seen in twenty years, some area fire departments are ramping up its fire safety programs.

The State Fire Marshal's office says empty cardboard boxes stored only inches from an Orrington family's wood stove ignited the flames that killed a father and his 3 children. On TuesdayNEWS CENTERcaught up with Bangor Fire safety officer Jake Johnson to go over some safety tips for wood stoves.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wcsh6.com/OgKqOR