(NEWS CENTER) -- Thanks to incredibly generous NEWS CENTER viewers and hundreds of members of different communities throughout the state, Feed Maine raised more than $18,000 and approximately 10,426 pounds of food Saturday for the Good Shepherd Food Bank.
As of Saturday evening, the preliminary totals are:
Pounds of Food:
- Bangor location - 2,197 pounds
- Augusta location - 1,940 pounds
- Auburn location - 1,450 pounds
- Scarborough location - 2,932 pounds
- Sanford location - 1,907 pounds
- TOTAL: 10,426 pounds
- Bangor location - $2,066
- Augusta location - $8,214
- Auburn location - $2,100 (estimated)
- Scarborough location - $3,000 (estimated)
- Sanford location - $2,622
- TOTAL: $18,002
The Good Shepherd Food Bank estimated that this brings the total number of meals to 80,600. To compare, he food bank said Feed Maine brought raised enough food and brought in enough cash for 75,000 meals last year.