Kevin Cunningham, Tavern at Brunswick Station, Marinated Beef Tips, recipe, Father's Day
(NEWS CENTER) -- Kevin Cunningham is the Chef at The Tavern at Brunswick Station in Brunswick. The Tavern is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
For more information on The Tavern click here: THE TAVERN AT BRUNSWICK STATION
Chef Kevin Cunningham's Marinated Beef Tips
1 ½ cup Soy Sauce
1 ½ cup Vegetable Oil
¾ cup Brown Sugar, Packed
¾ cup Roasted Garlic Paste
4 tblsp. Tomato Paste
¼ cup Paprika
1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper1 tblsp. Black Pepper
5 LBS Beef Tips cut into large cubes 1 to 1 ½ inches
1. In a large bowl mix together Brown Sugar, Garlic Paste, Tomato Paste, and Spices with a whisk.
2. While mixing, slowly pour in Soy Sauce and Vegetable Oil.
3. Whisk well (if you have an imsersion blender this is a perfect use for it). You should have a good sauce that does not separate.
4. Mix in your beef tips and store them in an airtight container for a minimum of 2 hours, up to 24 hours.
5. Heat your grill to searing temp. You want to caramelize the tomato and soy sauce to the meat.
6. If you choose, feel free to put your tips on skerewers soaked in water for a minimum of 20 minutes. I think chop sticks are the best skewers known to man.
7. Mark your tips on each side over high heat then move to the cooler side of the grill to finish cooking to your liking.
8. Serve them up with some grilled veggies and roasted potatoes.
NOTE: You cam make your marinade a day or two ahead of time - just remember to never reuse it.
You can also tenderize your tips with a meat tenderizer or a Jaccard.